About UsMobile Senior Coalitions - Networking & Community Assistance organized by professionals serving seniors
Mobile Senior Coalitions Details
Below is an overview prepared by the Board Members of how the Mobile Senior Coalitions Mobile Chapter and Baldwin Chapter will operate. These guidelines are subject to change by the Board.
We eventually envision two Chapters – Mobile Chapter and Baldwin Chapter. For now we are operating as one group.
Cost to join is $50 per year, per individual, OR $100 per year, per company with up to 3 members for the annual fee.
The annual fee is not prorated at this time and will be good for the calendar year. For larger organizations, we ask that each separate business line or location with it’s own operating budget be considered a “company”.
Members get access to a password protected membership list that is posted on this website. Members’ events are posted with a website link. Members are able to submit applications for recipients of the Coalition Assistance Fund.
Following are our current Board Members & Officers of the Mobile Senior Coalitions:
- President – Victoria Gunnison – Lynwood Healthcare and Rehab Center
- General Counsel – Kyla Kelim – Aging In Alabama
- Treasurer – Cindy Johnson – Ashbury Manor
- Secretary – Katie Puckett – North Baldwin Infirmary
- VP of Coalition Assistance Fund – Cindy Dahmer – Gentiva Hospice
Overseas the application and selection process of the fund
- VP of Public Relations – Victoria Gunnison – Lynwood Healthcare and Rehab Center
Schedule Meeting Host Locations
- VP of Membership – Rebekah L. McCarron, Account Manager – Life Guard Ambulance Service
Coordinates membership drives for the coalition
- VP of Education – David Strassburg – BrightStar Care Serving Mobile and Baldwin Counties
Arranges Speakers for Meetings
- Board Member at Large – Jennifer A. Stephenson, Publisher – Seniors Blue Book
Visit the Officers page for contact details – CLICK HERE
Locations of the Meetings:
Our meetings are most frequently hosted by senior housing locations. At a meeting the host provides a table for ‘Members’ to display their printed literature. Hosts also provide continental breakfast however other companies can also offer to host the group.
The Meetings are held on every 2nd Tuesday of the month alternating between Baldwin and Mobile Counties. The meetings are from 9:00AM to 11:00AM.
The meetings have a schedule like this:
- 9:00 – 9:20 – Networking and Continental Breakfast
- 9:20 – 9:30 – Coalition Officers review news about the organization and then introduce the ‘Senior Housing Host’ who talks about their property and offers tours at the end of the meeting. The President then asks if anyone has a professional networking event that they want to share. At the end of the introduction the Speaker is introduced.
- 9:30 – 10:00 – Each member gives a 30 second commercial and the meeting ends with networking.
- 10:00 – 10:30 – The Speaker gives their talk & answers follow up questions
- 10:30 – 11:00 – Time allotted for a community tour and informal networking
Contact us to apply to host a meeting – CLICK HERE
We set a very high standard of having the best possible speakers presenting on topics relevant to the senior service industry. Speakers can come from the for-profit, non-profit and government areas. Some meetings can have panels with multiple speakers. In addition we welcome marketing companies that can present on social networking and sales tips.
‘Senior Service’ Speaker Topics might include:
PACE Program, Long Term Care Insurance, Short-term Long Term Care Insurance, Therapy Dogs, Medicare Supplements, Medicaid Spend Down, VA Aid & Attendance, Benefits Checkup, 2-1-1, 3-1-1, Cognitive Therapies for Alzheimer’s, Hearing Loop Technology, Forensic Psychology, Forensic Accounting, State Health Insurance Program (SHIP), Affordable Care Act, Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP), What is Hospice?, Dogs on Call with Easter Seals of Alabama, etc.
Marketing Speaker Topics might include:
Marketing with Social Networking, Marketing with Google+, Improving Sales, Balancing Life & Work, Developing Marketing Strategies, Importance of Business Plans, Cell Phone Technology, etc.
Contact us to apply to be a speaker – CLICK HERE
Our Mission and Vision
The mission of the Mobile Senior Coalitions, an all volunteer organization, is to provide support to the senior community in the South Alabama area through networking and education of professionals who serve seniors and through the Coalition Assistance Fund that awards small one time specific grants to those 55 years of age and older who need something extra to make their lives better.
The vision of the Mobile Senior Coalitions is for the Mobile area to be a community whose professionals serving seniors are empowered to work together to address the outstanding needs of the senior population. We believe that by working collaboratively we can improve the quality of life for our seniors and become a model as a retirement and aging destination.